Thursday, November 3, 2011

Louisiana



Read this for the first time on the plane.

I finished the next 2 books within 3 days when I got home.

They are awesome!


I don't know why my computer is doing this but it's not letting me put this script at the top. oh well. I went to Louisiana in September to be in my friend's wedding....all. by. myself. The moment I left my family here in Utah and walked into the airport alone I felt so strange. It took me a few days to really start enjoying myself. I was so greatful to go and see my family in Louisiana too. I had so much so much fun.


Braxton made me this heart shaped pipe cleaner.

What a romantic.

I think I'll keep it forever, seriously, it's in my purse right now.

Packing my carry-on bag was even weird. I got out the usually one I bring

and then thought..."What do I put in it?"

This is what I came up with.

I made some brownies the day I left and could not bare

parting with them.

The bride, Maggie, in red, and Dani, the other brides made in purple.
Her sister was also a bridesmaid. This is us at the rehearsal dinner.
We were all friends throughout high school so every minute was fun.
This pic proves you don't always look skinny in black...
What went wrong?

Our beautiful place setting.

Her family is so kind and generous.

It was great to be included.

Maggie and I stayed in a suite the night before. This was our view from one window.

Bourbon Street in all it's glory. There was a Mardi Gras band playing til like 2 in the morning

right outside our window.

She is an esthetician so she brought us some fun products to try.

The trolley on Canal Street.

We rode it to some shops. Can you believe I've never ridden on this before?

Lame. It was fun.

Getting dressed. They all looked beautiful.

Us at the reception.

It sucks saying goodbye.

My dad picked me up.

I must say, we definitely started the dancing at the reception.

Kathryn and I after church. What a great lil' sister!

David took a nap with cutie Scout.

Snapshot from dinner.

My sister Anne and in-law Kayla redecorated my mom's kitchen and dining area recently.

Can't wait to see it.

Justin gets his own picture for dodging the first one.

Dakota, Kenedi, and Rubee. Fun to see my pretty nieces too.

Little Scout. She is really easygoing.

I did hair and eyelashes nonstop while I was there.

I was taking a rare break and David offered to step in and brush Kayla's hair.

I'll never forget that!


Brady attended the BYU game in Austin while I was gone. Sadly, we only have one camera. Pam and Hayden watched the kids for 4 days. That is the longest we have ever left them. I missed them but never worried about them. It is good to be home.


1 comment:

Dr. Travis White said...

You stayed in a hotel in the French Quarter to have that view? If u were in New Orleans, u should have called me n I would have seen you if I was not filming even though you did not have the kids with you this time! Seeing u on the streetcar and Canal Street is not something that looks odd to me because I live here! Lol! Glad u had fun at the wedding and u looked phenomenal, as always!